3 things to create a website:
- A web hosting.
- A domain.
A web hosting is a place to put your website. A web hosting company provides such service. Fastcomet is one of them. It’s affordable, fast and provides an amazing customer support.
3 types of a web hosting :
- Shared hosting
- VPS (Virtual Private Server)
- Dedicated server
A shared hosting is perfect for starting. It’s also the cheapest. The Fastcomet StartSmart plan costs 3.95/mo and renewal cost $9.95/mo (45 days money back guarantee).
Now, it’s time to think about your domain name.
What is it?
It’s your web online address, for example : myweb.com.
It has to be unique and hasn’t been used by others. Check its availability when buying your web hosting.
Fastcomet gives you the cheapest domain name currently $8.95.
If you have questions their online chat person will be ready to help you.
After your purchase come back here again. I will show you step by step how to make a website easy, simple and fast by using WordPress.
Your website needs a management platform. WordPress is a platform to manage the look, feel and your contents. You can create almost any kind of website, such as a blog, a gallery, an online shop or even an online course with WordPress.
It will take 5 minutes to setup.
Look for an email from Fastcomet to access your cPanel.
To install WordPress via Softaculous, you need to complete the following steps:
- Step 1: Accessing the WordPress Installation page in Softaculous
- Step 2: Configuring the Installation
- Step 3: Complete the Installation
Step 1: Accessing the WordPress Installation page in Softaculous
Before performing the actual installation you will need to access the Softaculous auto installer which for your convenience is available under your cPanel>Softaculous.
Step 2: Configuring the Installation
There you will need to configure few options before the installation process begin. Let’s call these options pre-installation options. They are conveniently separated at few sections we will review in the next lines of this tutorial.
- Choose Protocol– choose http://
- Choose Domain – choose your domain
- In Directory – leave this field blank.
- Database Name – leave it as is
- Database Settings – There is a single option under this section and it is related to the prefix all of the tables for the database of your WordPress website should be deployed. By default the value of this field is “wp” and you should change it only if you would like the tables to have different prefix usually for security reasons.
- Site Settings – The basic settings your WordPress platform will need for the installation process to be smoothly handled.
- Site Name – The actual name of your WordPress website
- Site Description – The description for your website
- Enable Multisite (WPMU) – leave it empty.
- Admin Username – the actual username you would like your admin user to use. Don’t use “admin”. Change it for security reason.
- Admin Password – make your password strong
- Admin Email – the actual email you would like to use for the notifications from the WordPress platform to be sent to.
- Choose Language – choose your language preference.
- Select Plugin – leave it blank.
- Advanced Options – if you don’t understand. Leave it as is.
- Disable Update Notifications – This option will disable the notifications Softaculous sends to you when an update for your WordPress platform is available.
- Auto Upgrade – This option will enable the Softaculous auto installer to automatically apply updates whenever such are available.
- Automated Backups – This option is for configuring automatic backup service for your WordPress platform. The available backup options are related to the frequency they should be performd.
- Backup Rotation – The amount of backups the automatic backup service should keep for your WordPress platform.
- Select Theme – you don’t need to choose it right now.
Step 3: Complete the Installation
Once you are done configuring all these options it is time for the installation process to begin. This will be easily achieved by simply clicking on the Install button located at the bottom of the page.
After a brief installation process you will be provided with all of the required information on how to access your newly installed WordPress platform instance:
Congratulations! You have successfully installed the WordPress application via Softaculous!